This is a great devotional that helps couples dig deeper into the concepts laid out in the Love & Respect book. I thought the devotions really helped take the bigger ideas and break them down into more specific, practical applications.
The book is divided into 52 (presumably weekly) devotionals followed by some topical suggestions for prayer and action, with discussion questions for each devotional at the back of the book. The chapters are a good length for a weekly devotional, but would be a bit too long for daily use, unless you and your spouse are accustomed to spending some time together each day in this context. You could also read the devotional at the beginning of a week and discuss the follow-up questions throughout the rest of the week.
While it may seem obvious from the title to some people, it is worth noting that this devotional is to be read along with or after reading the Love & Respect book. If you have never read that book, you will be lost when reading this devotional, because the author makes several references to concepts (the 3 Cycles, etc.) from the book and does not spend much time re-introducing them. Even if you have read it, it might be a good idea to have the book close by.
Overall, a good, practical, biblical devotional that I look forward to reading again from time to time.
Disclosure: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment